BRND WGN & University Ring Road Races
Race Information & Rules
Sunday 12th March 2017 at the University Athletics Track
Apply by Wednesday 8th March.
- 5km Run/Walk (€10) at 09:00 hrs (minimum age 11)
- 2km Run/Walk (€8) at 09:30 hrs (any age but it is advisable for children to be accompanied by a paying adult)
- 5km Relay (€20 per team of 4) at 10:00 hrs (any age but it is advisable for children to be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Children’s Fun Run (€5) at 10:30 hrs (up to the age of 14)
Half the proceeds from each event will be donated to Hospice Malta.
Race Numbers & Timing:
- Please note that Race Numbers are to be collected on Friday 10th March between 5 and 8pm or Saturday 11th March between 2 and 4pm from the University 5-a-side football pitches complex, Tal-Qroqq (opposite the Athletics Track on the way up to the University Ring Road, a bit further up from the security booth).
- If you collect more than one person’s number, please ensure that each person wears the correct number.
- Electronic timing will be used for the 5km and 2km events. Results will be published on this website.
- The timing chip is embedded in the 2 strips at the back of the number, do not tamper with them. Numbers are to be worn on the front and it is important that they are visible and not folded in any way.
Since the parking area outside the track and the Ring Road will be closed to traffic on the day of the event, you may park at Car Park 6 (can be accessed by the main entrance to University, opposite Mater Dei).
- Any participant winning more than one prize must accept the first prize only.
- The presentation of awards will be held after the final event at approximately 11:00 am. As there are prizes for overall and University winners and age category winners and prizes for best fancy dress, we encourage you to stay on as you might have won a prize without being aware of it.
- Commemorative medal and goody bag to all finishers in all events.
Relay & 5km Run/Walk
Start on track with 1 lap of athletics track. Run/walk out through gate and up to Ring Road. Turn left to run in direction of traffic (3 laps of Ring Road). Run back down to athletics track, through gate and turn right. Finish with 1 lap of track.
Start on the Ring Road near Car Park 2. Run/walk 1 lap of Ring Road in direction of traffic. Run/walk back down to track, through gate and turn right. Finish with 1 lap of track.
Runner 1: 1 lap of track, run to Ring Road & 1 lap of Ring Road (approx. 2km)
Runners 2 & 3: 1 lap of Ring Road each (approx. 1.15km each)
Runner 4: Run to track and finish with 1 lap of track (approx. 750m)
All changeovers take place on the Ring Road in the area outside the tunnel from the track. Runners tag each other for changeover.
800m Children’s Fun Run
2 laps around the athletics track
- Animals are not allowed at University and therefore participants are not allowed to be accompanied by animals, these could also endanger other participants or make them feel unsafe.
- Bicycles are not allowed to accompany athletes along the route.
- Please take care not to hinder faster runners/walkers during the event in any way.
Available at the University 5-a-side pitches complex (opposite the Athletics Track on the way up to the University Ring Road, a bit further up from the security booth).
Several route buses stop at University. Full information available at https://www.publictransport.com.mt/.
Terms and conditions:
- Acceptance of Conditions
The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon registration.
2.1 It is acknowledged that participation in the Event will be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the Event and any associated medical and physical risks involved.
2.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of participating in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and that the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to compete, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
2.3 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons, for the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants, or for any other reasonably justified reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
2.4 While the Event Organiser shall take every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
2.5 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel present on the site of the event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placings.
2.6 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and he/she may not assign any of his/her rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only.
2.7 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights being accrued by the Participant other than as set out in clause 4 below.
- Bookings and Payments:
3.1 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
3.2 Entry forms are to be received by no later than Wednesday 8th March. No Late registrations will be accepted.
3.3 Race Numbers are to be collected from the University 5-a-side football pitches complex, Tal-Qroqq on Friday 10th March between 5 and 8pm or Saturday 11th March between 2 and 4pm.
- Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
4.1 In the event that the conditions for organising the event be deemed dangerous for any reason, then no refund of the Fee paid will be given, and, where possible a suitable alternative date for the event shall be arranged. Should any registered Participant be unable to participate in the event on such new date, he/she shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fee previously paid. Should the conditions dictate so, the Event Organisers may also adjust the respective distances of each activity of the event (5km Run/Walk, 2km Run/Walk, Relay, Children’s Fun Run) as they deem fit and such adjustments shall be accordingly made known to the Participants.
4.2 No cancellation, refunds or transfer between the different activities of the event may be made by the Participant without the authorisation of the Event Organiser.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 12th March and please do not hesitate to contact us at: [email protected] or on +356 2340 8902/6 should you have any queries.